The Rebelution

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Friday, May 25, 2012

This Black Stuff That Drips From My Heart

As I was sitting at my computer, I was rubbing the back of my neck and quickly retracted my hand for pain shot through my neck. I felt again and noticed a pimple formed on the back of my neck. Gross, huh? Yeah, I thought that would be your reaction. Now, pimples are natural. They form because of clogged pores. Quick science lesson here from the Science Bank of Sam Stone's Brain....when the pores get clogged with oil and dirt, bacteria and other nasties live in the pores then. They feed on the disgusting literally dead but not so rotten flesh in the pores. The bacteria then form an infection and cause puss to form. That's why when you pop a pimple, not only does puss come out, but also pain! Lot's of pain depending on how many nerve endings there are connected to that part of the body. I.e. the lips/face has a lot of nerve endings because of the actions it does like expressions and eating.

Now that the science lesson is over with, I now present you with my point: when we were not saved, God saw us, naturally, as sinners. Our hearts were dripping with blackness, with sin. Satan was feeding on us just as the bacteria was feeding on the dead flesh in our pores. We were quite disgusting, were we not? I know for me, I can look back at WHAT I was since I was saved at a little later age in my life. I sicken myself just thinking about what I WAS! The Lord, obviously, is so gracious, so kind, so merciful, so generous, so loving! The list goes ON AND ON! "Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised! In the city of our God, in the mountain of His holiness! Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth is Mount Zion on the side of the North, the city of the great King!" Psalm 48:1-2 KJV

I know we always hear about salvation and sin and the rest of the things that go along with those topics in church all the time. I know for myself there is ALWAYS some salvation/I am a sinner tie-in at that last part of the service in Children's Church. It has become an ever so famous Christian cliche, sadly. This isn't church nor is it supposed to be a cliche! The Almighty, UNCHANGEABLE God gave US, as lowly sinners, salvation! A Saviour! This is supposed to be a fresh reminder to all of you that not only did Jesus Christ come to this earth to save our sorry carcasses but to also tell us of the incredible news about how He is coming back to take us away to Heaven with Him! Look at this as if you are looking at all of this for the first time! Go to bed tonight and SINCERELY thank the Lord God in Heaven for YOUR salvation and for sending HIS ONLY SON to die on the cross and suffer for US! For us ALL!

"Thank you, Lord, for saving MY soul! Thank you, Lord, for making me whole! Thank you, Lord for giving to me Thy great salvation so rich and FREE!"

Readers, as you know, I can go on and on and on about this topic. I can branch off and tell about the COUNTLESS attributes of God! However, I will refrain myself from doing so since I wouldn't using my time wisely nor would I be doing well in school because I would be here for hours on end typing! : ) In closing, I want to say, once again, please praise the Lord for your salvation because I promise you this: you will NEVER have a better gift to share with someone than the gift of salvation since it was given to you for free and you are able to lead someone in the direction of receiving that gift for themselves.

Let Him be your "All in All" now, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, next decade....forever. "My portion forever..."

No comments:

Post a Comment