The Rebelution

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lord, I Need You!

Thunderstorms: some people love them, others despise them.
Me, I don't care. I like to watch the lightning but sometimes I just dislike it since I want to go outside and I couldn't since it is now pouring and the particles of electricity grace the sky with their beauty. When our dog, Princess, was still alive, she used to hide in the bathroom/closet/some safe place during thunderstorms that is, until she lost her hearing. During those times, we would do our best to soothe her until the storm passed. We loved her and that is why we did what we did. Then there were those times when we were not home. We always used to comment in the car, especially my Mom, who worried the most yet hated her. Kind of ironic, don't you think? Well it IS ironic. Moving on. When we did get home to her, we usually would find her in a bedroom cowering in fear of the storm. We all would take turns petting her and enjoying her company.
In our Christian walk, we have storms in our lives. Yes, yes, I can imagine you know what is coming. You know I am going to quote the famous Ron Hamilton song, "Lord, I need You." Yep, you guessed right! In Ron Hamilton's song, he states "Sometimes when life seems gentle and blessings flood my way, I turn my gaze away from You and soon forget to pray. But when the sky grows darker and courage turns to fear, my anxious voice cries upward with words you long to hear." We all wonder why we love the blessings, turn our hearts and thoughts away from Him and then He, once again, allows us to slip. We then, of course, repent, get right with the Lord, and then He blesses us yet again, and the cycle starts all over again. I know I am exaggerating but do you see my point?
It frustrates me GREATLY when we stereotype the Christian walk and we EXPECT to fall, we EXPECT to repent, we EXPECT to get a blessing. We always EXPECT! Oh, I'm sorry. That's not how it goes! A famous man in the Bible makes a classic example of trials in our lives and they are not there for evil but rather for good. His name is Job. He was a very humble man, feared the Lord, and of course you know what happened to him and the Lord still blessed him! But obviously, he didn't "curse God and die." He looked to the LORD like he was supposed to in his trial when he didn't deserve one single boil! When he didn't deserve to lose one child! When he didn't deserve to lose one camel or sheep or cow! Not ALL Christians are judged because they did something wrong. God uses the trials in our lives to test us! There is always an escape! I can imagine Job woke up every morning and prayed the prayer, "Lord, please keep my focus on You, O God. Help me to seek you when the sea of life is calm." What does the chorus say in Ron Hamilton's song? "Whether trials COME OR CEASE keep me ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!! on my knees! Lord, I need You! Lord, I NEED YOU!"
Ladies and gentlemen, I beg of you, please do not go away from this and say, "Eh, I don't need to pray that. I can just wait." Or, "Yes, I know I need this. I know I have a conviction but I know I will just ignore it in the next month. I want to LOOK all spiritual on Facebook, in public, but in my private time, I am nothing but filthy rags. Nothing has really changed. I just do my devotions to say that I did them and to look good in Youth Group." Even the wisest pastors need to seek His face and pray this prayer! We ALL need the Lord ALL the time!
In closing, I want to say this: no matter what Satan throws at us, there is ALWAYS an escape! 1 Corinthians 10:13 states, "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (KJV) Please, once again, look to Him for help in EVERYTHING you do trial or no trial! He MUST MUST MUST be your center focus!
"Lord, help me to remember, I'm weak but You are strong. I cannot sing apart from You, for Lord, You are my song. Although I prone to wander and boast in all I do, Lord, keep my eyes turned upward so I depend on you. Lord, I need You, when the sea of life is calm. O, Lord, I need You, when the wind is blowing strong. Whether trials come or cease, keep me always on my knees! Lord, I need You! Lord, I NEED YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment