The Rebelution

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Friday, May 25, 2012

Temple of the Holy Ghost

Disclaimer: As I typed this out, more and more thoughts came into my mind, naturally. I should have written this earlier but NOOOOO!! Of course not! ^_^ So, forgive me since my thoughts may be all over the place just like a little kid swirling his mashed potatoes around on his plate and making Michaelangelo paintings out of it. Like the mashed potatoes, not the plate. Ok. Whatever. SO! Without any further ado, here is my blog post....


The human body....one incredible piece of workmanship by one amazing God. In fact, the ONLY God. ^_^ God is so amazing. Seriously, He really is! I have to watch some *lame* movie about the teenage years for my Developmental Psych class (yes, I am ranting...) and in the video they are discussing how the brain itself flourishes, just like a tree does, in the areas that we keep active, i.e. you draw, write music, or are in school, the areas of the brain that are dedicated to learning, drawing, and music will then grow but areas like speech will lessen but will still be existent. The brain is truly an incredible piece of art! And what an amazing Artist that made it, too!

It is sad, however, that we as Christians corrupt our minds with you guessed it, music, trashy movies, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, pride, deceit, theft....yes, even actions just as I have stated do do wonders to the brain in a twisted and sick sort of way. We become numb to the fact that, in reality, lying or pride is just as wrong as smoking or drinking! Lying is a mental drug. Stealing is a mental drug. Smoking is a physical drug in a sense. A narcotic.

So, let me get straight to the point: 1 Corinthians 6:19 CLEARLY states, no matter what version of the Bible, paraphrased OR not, that your body is NOT in any way, shape, or form, yours. Let me quote it for you from the King James...."What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

Hmm......oh, wait...I didn't catch that last part..."...and ye are NOT YOUR OWN?" Oops....*nervous laughter* Uh...yeah. About that....I know for me, I'm thinking, "Boy, am I in trouble!" Countless times have I said things or done things because of "fleshly desires" that I wish I NEVER had done! Oh, and then we give that lame excuse of, "Oh, um...Satan was tempting me SOOOO much that I JUST had to give in to get him off of my back." LAME LAME LAME! So, basically what I am trying to say is this: no matter what we do, we MUST look to God! This statement, sadly, has become such a HUGE cliche in the Christian society it's not even funny! Yet, when we say it, we NEVER do it! Ron Hamilton's song "Lord, I need You" is such a great song talking about how we need God all the time, when the sea of life is calm or when it is raging.

I know I am being bold and almost trying to cover 2 topics all at once but to me, it fits quite well in this category of our bodies being God's. In closing, let me say this: if our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost, then why are we not obeying 1 Corinthians 10:31 which states, out of the King James, mind you, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do ALL to the glory of God." If we are God's people and these bodies are not our own, then we need to treat them with respect! Ok. Now, a recap on all that I covered really fast. : )

1. We are living in a shell, but nevertheless, it is still God's creation and we need to treat it right since we are, in a sense, "borrowing" it.

2. Since we are "borrowing" this shell, so to speak, when we are tempted to do something that will harm or potentially destroy us, we need to go to the Creator, our Saviour, the ONE true, living God, and ask for help!

3. 1 Corinthians 10:31 is quite parallel to 6:19 in the sense that if our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost, and we are supposed to glorify Him in EVERYTHING we do, then we shouldn't harm our bodies, mentally or physically or emotionally....Ok. Basically not harm ourselves that the harm done on purpose will leave scars in a sense that we will have to live with for the rest of our lives. Make sense? I do hope this does because I don't want to do a recap of a recap of a recap and repeat myself...... : )

Your's truly,

Samwise

No comments:

Post a Comment