The Rebelution

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Flat Tires and Other Mishaps in Life

I just came back from Georgia a few days ago. Had a wonderful time as I just finished school. My life for a little over a month has been consumed by me working on homework or wedding planning. It's been nuts and quite stressful so the vacation was MUCH needed. We left 4 hours late, which was frustrating to start out with, and when we did stop even more frustrating things ensued. As we made our first stop to get fuel, we noticed on our trailer lid, the screws that held the lid in place fell out as we did not tighten them before we left. This was a blessing in disguise as we found a 24 hour truck stop with high quality stainless steel truck bolts for a dollar. These things are not cheap in the least bit and the Lord allowed us to lose our rusty and old bolts and nuts and replace them with such high quality bolts. Huge blessing! The guy that was helping us looked super gruff but was very kind and welcomed us and went the extra mile to make sure we were set to go especially when it was raining! When we got on the road again, we got to Lima, Ohio 11 miles away from when we first stopped when all of a sudden our tire blew on our trailer. This was at night in a construction zone. Terrible timing....

As we pulled into an empty parking lot, I got out of the car and flipped my flash light on my phone on. I then saw the damage that was done to the tire. It was a miracle that we got to a safe zone much less the rim of the tire was intact. God was very good to us. At first, I was frustrated. Here we are stuck on the road not even 2 hours into our trip and we can't go anywhere. Even when I said to my Mom that I was thankful that we were safe and there was a reason for this, I still was pretty upset at God not mad but frustrated. I went over to Arby's to think and my fiancee came over and chatted with me. I then found out that we were going to stay in a hotel for the night which really threw a wrench in our plans and made me quite frustrated. Needless to say, we were very thankful for the stop in the morning as we all got a decent sleep. We got to Georgia the next day around 9:30 PM safe and sound with no interruptions.

As I look back on the events that happened I cannot help but wonder what could have happened whether God allowed these things to happen to save us from another problem that was ahead. This evening, I ran across something on Facebook that really targeted this specific area and sobered me and really brought my focus back to God. Honestly, it broke me....This story is made up but a wonderful reminder of God's presence in our life.

Me: God, can I ask You a question?

God: Sure

Me: Promise You won't get mad

God: I promise

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late

God: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start

God: Okay

Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait

God: Huummm

Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call

God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...


Yes, this is one of those "chain Facebook picture messages" but God can use anything in your life to bring you back to Him! He used something as simple as this! I really hate these kinds of messages but for whatever reason God had me read this and I am so glad I did. The next time there's something wrong in your life just remember that God does have a purpose for everything even when you think your day is going wrong. He is there to help you and guide you with His unseen hand through life. In everything give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment